Senior IT Project Manager required for a 6 month datacentre project.
Meaty datacentre project to consolidate 2 infrastructures and build new data centres.
Working closely with the Architects, we're looking for a Senior Project Manager with extensive datacentre experience to help direct the direction of the project. We're looking for a Project Manager who has "been there and done it" on other DC projects, someone who can advise on what will work, and what won't, and can give guidance where it matters.
Using strong project management expertise gained managing multiple projects, or singular on a larger scale, you will be responsible for the day to day management of the datacentre projects with energy and effectiveness.
Experience gained within Financial Services, banking or other regulated environments is preferred. Previous experience of delivering IT projects within medium to large, complex IT environments (typical microsoft windows server, VMware, AWS, Citrix, SAN, Cisco envrionment) highly desirable.
Excellent control and good practice within project management is essential.
The role includes:
- Close collaboration with the change management function to assure the successful delivery of the projects being worked on
- Taking full end to end responsibility for the delivery of the project across various disciplines
- Understanding high-level technical architecture and be able to facilitate debate and drive decisions on appropriate solutions.
- Overseeing multiple projects within a larger programme, or managing work streams as required.
- Ensuring that operational workflow requirements are produced to standard in a timely manner.
- Successfully delivering projects against defined scope, within budget and by the agreed timeline
- Proactively resolving any project issues and mitigate project risks
- Identifying key stakeholders and resources needed across all colleagues and teams in the change/ delivery lifecycle to support the successful delivery of accurate and detailed project milestone and project plans.
- Hosting and presenting project status updates to senior execs and stakeholders
- Lead the shaping of the project, contributing ideas, optimising scope to achieve the business objectives and validating viability. Challenge existing thinking, processes and procedures and identify opportunities for change.
- Follow Data Governance and Risk Management policies.
Based Staffordshire / West Midlands border, home working with some on site days 1 or 2 times per week.
Tilt Recruitment are specialists in IT Recruitment. We work hard to find our candidates their perfect roles within fantastic organisations across the UK. If this role isn’t right for you, please still get in touch with us as we may have other roles which may suit you better.
We also offer up to £500 for every successful referral, if you know someone who matches this skill set please let us know.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
Tilt Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Skills: IT Project Manager, Prince 2, Agile, DataCentre.